Referring to some unnamed sources, the Associated Press reports the intention of the Italian concern FIAT to take over the American Chrysler.
It is indicated that the reason for this step was the crisis in Europe, which led to a decline in car sales.
Today, FIAT already owns 58.5% of Chrysler shares. The remaining 41.5% belong to the United Auto Workers (UAW) United Auto Workers (UAW).
It was the presence of Chrysler shares that allowed FIAT to avoid losses in 2012 in the amount of more than $1.2 billion. So hopes to survive the crisis thanks to the takeover are not groundless at all.
However, it is still unknown whether the takeover will actually take place. After all, it is possible that it will not be possible to agree with the UAW. But if an agreement is nevertheless reached, the takeover will be completed next year.