HUESKER Synthetic GmbH was founded in December 1861 as H.&J. Huesker & Co. in Gescher, North Rhine-Westphalia. Starting in 1863, HUESKER started the production of cotton fabrics in a new factory in Gescher, equipped with more than 150 looms. In 1958, HUESKER began to develop a new promising market segment: the production of synthetic fabrics and the manufacture of filter fabrics and geocontainers, which resulted in the development of multifunctional geosynthetic textiles. Sophisticated, carefully designed products and composites based on them have been invented to provide reinforcement, separation, filtration and drainage.
The continuous expansion of the product range led to the founding of the independent company HUESKER Synthetic GmbH in 1973. HUESKER now leads the geosynthetics, technical textiles and agricultural segments by providing exceptional engineering consulting services and outstanding products for decades.
Today HUESKER has more than 10 subsidiaries in various countries of the world (in Russia (HUESKER LLC), France (HUESKER SAS), Singapore (HUESKER ASIA), USA (HUESKER Inc.), etc.), extensive commercial a network of experienced and highly qualified partners, 4 own factories for the production of geosynthetics, a laboratory accredited in accordance with DIN EN ISO 17025:2005, warehouse complexes. In 2010 HUESKER Synthetic GmbH has received the high IGS award for development and development in the field of reinforcing geosynthetic materials.