Summing up the year, Forbes names the 10 best brands in Russia that appeared in 2018 and achieved significant results in 2019.
The selection among brands was carried out in two stages. At the first stage, experts compiled a list of the most interesting and popular brands among buyers, based on the opinions of retail and advertising experts. At the same time, only brands that were launched on the market in 2018 were included in the list. Then, at the second stage, a selection was made among all brands according to the real indicators of their work. This approach was used for the first time, but it allowed us to get a more realistic picture - after all, not only various opinions were taken into account, but also specific data on sales volumes, revenue for the three quarters of 2019, the number of open outlets, etc.
As a result, the rating of new brands is as follows:
1. Tea "Native", revenue 60 million rubles. This tea was introduced to the market of APK Voskhod in February 2018. The tea is positioned as natural, consisting of the most useful herbal ingredients.
2. Dairy products "Family business", revenue of 50 million rubles. An inexpensive brand of dairy products, which emphasizes its farming origin, was launched on the market in June 2018 by the Cheburashkin Brothers agro-industrial complex.
3. Mitch & me pet care products, revenue RUB 7.9 million The brand under which shampoos, conditioners and similar products for pets are presented was introduced by Incosmetics in January 2018.
4. Cosmetics Beauty Bomb, revenue 270 million rubles. Inexpensive decorative cosmetics for young customers from Gradient appeared on the market in August 2018, the brand is actively promoted by fashion influencers through social networks.
5. Household chemicals Wonder Lab, revenue 70 million rubles. This brand from the BioMicroGeli startup appeared on the market in January 2019. Its products are positioned as safe for health, and a distinctive feature of the promotion is the use of entertainment elements in advertising.
6. Dairy products "Ekoniva", revenue 358 million rubles. The brand was introduced by the company of the same name in November 2018. This brand combines many types of dairy products, including yogurt, sour cream, milk, kefir, cream, curds and much more - 44 products in total
7. Healthy snacks RoliPoli, revenue 5.9 million rubles. This line of healthy bars for those who adhere to a healthy lifestyle appeared on the market in July 2018. The main flavors of snacks are a variety of fruits, berries and nuts.
8. Dairy products "Verkhovye", revenue 705 million rubles. The brand of various dairy products, such as cottage cheese and yoghurts, is presented as a joint concept between a manufacturer and a retailer. The trademark was created in February 2018 by X5 Retail Group and the Nesvizh Baby Food Plant.
9. Pastamania pasta, revenue RUB 657 mln. Pastamania Pastamania from Limak is presented in eight varieties, all of which are distinguished by the use of durum wheat. The trademark was introduced in February 2018 and is distinguished by its bright and provocative advertising campaigns.
10. Dairy products "Bryansk Dairy Plant", revenue 526 million rubles. The Bryansk Dairy Plant company released the eponymous brand of ultra-pasteurized dairy products in November 2018. The brand's products are distinguished by a concise packaging design, which usually shows only the name of the brand and product in a minimalist style.