Published by magazine Fortune the latest list of the 500 largest US companies did not bring any surprises. Retains first place for second year wal mart. Recall that the list Fortune 500 calculated on the basis of annual income.
| Wal-Mart stores in the US at the beginning of 2010|
(new ones are marked in green)
However, experts are sure that to maintain leadership wal mart succeeds only through sales in other parts of the world, as store revenues in the United States have continued to decline for seven whole quarters. The retailer's revenue in 2010 was almost $422 billion. In order to restore the attractiveness of their stores, management wal mart uses a price reduction strategy so far.
The top ten companies included in the list look like this:
1. Walmart Stores (421.8 billion)
2. Exxon Mobil (354.6 billion)
3. Chevron (196.3 billion)
4. ConocoPhillips (184.9 billion)
5. fannie mae (153.8 billion)
6. General Electric (151.6 billion)
7. Berkshire Hathaway (136.2 billion)
8. General Motors (135.6 billion)
9. Bank of America (134.2 billion)
10. Ford motor (128.9 billion)