For these brands founded in 2019, the past 2020 was a successful start to their journey on the Russian market.
It is not easy for new brands to win a place in the sun, especially in today's highly competitive market. In order to stand out and win over customers, the creator of new brands has to show miracles of creativity and carefully think over their strategy, and of course, an interesting product is needed that will interest their competitors among its qualities.
The Forbes publishing house evaluated a number of bright newcomers to the Russian market and presented its own rating of the top new brands in 2020. The list of the best could include brands introduced on the market in 2019, which achieved success already in 2020. At the same time, they were included in the list as new brands of already well-known manufacturers , as well as new brands from small companies.
The rating was compiled on the basis of two basic criteria. First of all, the assessments of industry experts, including representatives of advertising and branding agencies, as well as large retailers, were taken into account. When compiling the rating, the publication also took into account data on the number of newly opened outlets in 2020 and information on revenue provided by the brands themselves.
The ranking of the most interesting newcomers of 2020 from Forbes, as a result, is as follows:
1. "Tomato Confetto". An unusual brand from Agrokultura Group offers customers a new look at sweet cherry tomatoes. Now it's a dessert, in an attractive "candy" package, which will undoubtedly attract attention on the store shelf.
2.Gloriss. Brand of desserts from the Russian company Biennale group. These are next-generation goodies in colorful packaging, including multi-flavored gummies and filled chocolates for on-the-go snacking.
3. Zollider. The brand of men's cosmetics and shaving products from the Gradient company relies on a strict male image and offers customers to feel like a real man, shaving with Alpha razors.
4. "Grand Minced". The brand of dumplings and other semi-finished meat products from the company "Russian Frost" immediately stands out with unusual packaging in raspberry-violet tones, which it was decided to make more dense and opaque.
5.Greenwise. This Russian manufacturer has brought to the market its own brand of such popular products in today's world as artificial meat from plant components.
6. Saito. A new brand of tea from such a major player in the market as Unilever. The brand is positioned as part of Asian culture, which may be of interest to Russian buyers.
7. Livingwood. Pasta brand from Makfa, one of the most famous Russian manufacturers of such products. The new brand has been called "functional pasta" and contains healthy additives such as algae or oat bran that will interest lovers of a healthy lifestyle.
8.Versa. Fresh brand of yogurt from Danone. Risky advertising of the product, the style of which is defined by the manufacturer as "food porn", is aimed primarily at a youth audience.
9 Equre. A brand of oral cosmetics from the network of dental clinics InSmile. Equre toothpaste in bright bottles with unusual images is positioned not just as a hygiene product, but rather as a cosmetic product, but not for the skin, but for the teeth.
10. Sputnik. Brand of drinking water from the manufacturer Sputnik Waters. The brand is betting on the delivery of its unusual bottles with the image of a companion to customers through a subscription system.