American manufacturer of sports shoes and clothing. The main distinguishing feature of the manufacturer is that all the products it creates are made at local (American) factories, while other companies have begun to massively transfer their production to Asian countries. About 70% products new balance bears a proud inscription "Made in the USA" (or "Made in UK", for Europe, since 1982). On the remaining 30%, the inscription is a little more modest «Assembled in the USA» - this is in cases where components have to be imported from abroad.
The company was founded in 1906 by an English immigrant, William Riley. Then she was called New Balance Arch Support Company. The name comes from an invention by Riley, who developed a new support system for shoes. The idea was taken from wildlife - it was based on the design of a bird's paw, which, as you know, has three supports. phrase new balance symbolized the excellent balance when walking, which provided the company's products.
In 1954, the company is acquired by a certain Paul Kidd (Paul Kidd). Together with his wife Eleanor (Eleanor), he decides to focus on sports shoes. The decision turned out to be very successful, the company's revenues begin to grow. Then the new name of the company appears - New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc., which is still in use today.
1961 was marked by the appearance of the model trackster - the first sports shoe with a grooved sole. Quite a long time selling products new balance did not go too well - periods of growth were replaced by periods of stagnation. Until 1972, when during the sporting event known as the Boston Marathon (Boston Marathon), the company is not acquired by Jim Davis (Jim Davis). The new management benefited the company. Shoes new balance are beginning to be recognized not only in the United States, but also in Europe. Now it can be found everywhere.
To date, the company produces the most diverse sports shoes designed for various sports. Major customer new balance is the US Army. Since 1998, the company has regularly hosted a non-commercial women-only event. girls on the run, which aims to help teenage girls from families in need to join the sport.
The company's headquarters is located in Boston, Massachusetts, USA (Boston, Massachusetts, US).
Steve Jobs, founder Apple, also became famous for the fact that in the last years of his life he preferred only three things in clothes: sneakers new balance, jeans Levi's and a turtleneck from St. Croix Collections.
|New Balance model 992|
From sneakers, he preferred the model 992. By the way, there is information that new balance he preferred shoes Adidas.