A Clash of Clans short film received 714,000 likes, and Google shared the emotional story of an employee's grandfather.
Summing up the results of 2020, the YouTube service presented a number of ratings. Among them were the most popular videos, top content creators, most viewed music videos and a number of others. We also singled out the top most interesting commercials for viewers that YouTube users fell in love with in a difficult 2020.
1. Never Too Far Down, You Can't Stop Us, Nike
This is the second time Nike has taken the top spot in the rankings. In 2020, stories about fortitude and returning after a seemingly final fall resonated with viewers. The stories of famous athletes LeBron James, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods and others serve as support for viewers in difficult times, giving hope for a return to normal life and success.
2. Loretta, Google Super Bowl Commercial 2020
Shown during the Super Bowl, this touching video tells the true story of an employee's grandfather, who is helped by Google services to keep the elusive memory of his late wife, Loretta, alive.
3. Smaht Pahk, 2020 Hyundai Sonata, Hyundai
The Hyundai Sonata commercial has become a miniature comedy film starring Chris Evans, John Krasinski and Rachel Dratch, who show the audience not only their gorgeous Boston accent, but also their amazing comedic talent.
Next on the list are:
4. LOST & CROWNED, A Clash Short Film
5. TurboTax 2020 Super Bowl Commercial "All People Are Tax People Remix"
6. The whole working-from-home thing, Apple
7. NEXT 100, NFL Super Bowl LIV Commercial
8. Aunt Infestation, GEICO Insurance
9. First Ever GMC HUMMER EV, “Horsepower”
10. Jimmy Works It Out, Michelob ULTRA (Super Bowl LIV)
In total, in 2020, the ad has garnered over 470 million views and over 1.3 million likes.