The largest tire manufacturer in Russia, whose history dates back to 1940, when an agreement was reached with the United States on the purchase of equipment necessary for the construction of a large tire plant. It was expected that at least one and a half million tires would be produced per year.
A commission was sent to the United States, which was supposed to pick up the necessary equipment and monitor its delivery to the USSR. The cunning Yankees did not miss the opportunity to find a double benefit here - the sold Ford plant, although equipped with the latest technology, was on the verge of bankruptcy.
The equipment was purchased and delivered to Moscow in the most difficult conditions of the Second World War. Construction began in 1943 and was completed on time - almost just in time for the end of the war. The official date of birth of the plant is November 5, 1945, when it began its activities. The people who built MShZ and those who subsequently worked for it endured terrible hardships, lived in exceptionally difficult conditions, but still took pride in their work. They did the seemingly impossible.
Subsequently, over the years of its existence MShZ repeatedly subjected to processes of restructuring, renovation and completion.
|Model M-300 (image from the official site)|
It was not possible to immediately reach the expected millions - the millionth tire rolled off the assembly line only in 1948. However, if we take into account the conditions under which the plant was built and its work was adjusted, this result will look excellent. The plant reached its design capacity in 1950. And in 1990, it was possible to achieve a doubling of these figures. In 1992 the plant was privatized. And so it appeared OAO Moscow Tire Plant.
Products MShZ included in the standard set of cars of some domestic companies.